RF7-N30 Flat Stair Nosing
The RF7C-N30 provides step edge color contrast coupled with long-lasting anti-slip protection. The anodized surface helps it combat the wear and tear of everyday use and shifts in climate while still looking great with an 85 degree angle. The nosing comes in three different colors to choose from.
The RF7-N30 provide an affordable way to renovate and modernize worn stairways and improve stairway safety. They can be used on a range of substrates including concrete, timber, tiles, steel and checker plate stairs.
- LEED points qualified
- Recyclable; No disposable cost
- The color contrasting the non-slip material provides excellent step edge visibility
Designed with longevity in mind, Ecoglo’s flat stair nosings are manufactured using the latest technology, to ensure lifelong durability. Our patented manufacturing process gives you the advantage of having the most durable, and highly efficient anti-slip nosings available.
- The hard-wearing silicon carbide non-slip material is integrally bonded to the aluminum substrate. Thousands of people can walk on it with no signs of wear and tear.
- The thick anodized finish is aesthetically pleasing, prevents corrosion, and is extremely hard and abrasion resistant. The anodized aluminum surface is harder than pure aluminum, second only to diamonds hard crystalline structure.
- Tested to accelerated UV/weathering exposure, Salt Spray Resistance, Freeze-Thaw Resistance and Washability. Ecoglo products easily passed with excellent results.
- Install with polyurethane adhesive and mechanical fasteners, or adhesive only.
- Supplied with pre-drilled countersunk holes. Includes stainless steel fasteners and concrete nylon anchors. Standard location is 2″ from each end and approx. 12″ apart.
- Available in cut to length sizes. (Tolerance +or- 1/8”) Standard lengths are 8ft and 10ft.
- Inserts are supplied unattached. Inserts are installed over the mechanical fasteners using a polyurethane adhesive (included). Inserts can be cut using a shear. Aluminum nosings are cut with a saw Cutting inserts with saw will damage the saw blade.
- Weight: 0.632 lbs/ft.
- Available in Clear Anodized Aluminum Finish.
- Black, Light Bronze and, Dark Bronze Anodize finishes are available at an additional cost.
*Made in USA
- Products are Aluminum based and 100% recyclable.
MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
- Products are Aluminum based and approximately 20% of the aluminum content in an Ecoglo secondary billet specification is recycled scrap.
Ecoglo’s Recommended Installation Adhesive has low VOC’s and qualifies for Indoor Environmental Quality credits for low emitting materials: EQc4.1
Benefit and Technical Details
Ecoglo N20 Series meets or exceeds the performance criteria specified in the following tests or standards:
- ASTM G155-04 Cycle 1 2000hrs, Standard Practice for Operating Xenon Arc Light Apparatus for Exposure of Nonmetallic Materials.
- Salt Spray Resistance: ASTM B117-97 500hrs, Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus.
- Freeze-Thaw Resistance: ASTM C1026-87(1996), Standard Test Method for Measuring the Resistance of Ceramic Tile to Freeze-Thaw Cycling
- UL410, Standard for Slip Resistance for Floor Surface Materials.
- AS/NZS 4586-1999, Slip Resistance Classification of New Pedestrian Surface Materials.
- ASTM D1242-95a, Standard Test Methods for Resistance of Plastic Materials to Abrasion.
- ASTM F510-93(2004), Standard Test Method for Resistance to Abrasion of Resilient Floor Coverings Using an Abrader with a Grit Feed Method.
- JIS H8682-1:1999, Test methods for abrasion resistance of anodic oxide coatings on aluminum and aluminum alloys- Wheel wear test.
- ASTM D4828-94(2003), Standard Test Methods for Practical Washability of Organic Coatings.
- ASTM D3648-2004, Standard Practices for the Measurement of Radioactivity.
- Toxicity: Bombardier SMP 800-C (2000), Toxic Gas Generation Test.
- ASTM E162-02, Standard Test Method for Surface Flammability of Materials Using a Radiant Heat Energy Source.
- ASTM D635-03, Standard Test Method for Rate of Burning and/or Extent and Time of Burning of Plastics in a Horizontal Position.
- FAA AC 23.2 Paragraph 4.b, Horizontal Burn Test.